An authority in the area of entrepreneurship, Paula Fitzsimons is recognised as an excellent communicator and a strong advocate of the benefits of entrepreneurship. Equally at home among policy makers, development agencies, academics, and entrepreneurs, Paula is in a position to bring the world of entrepreneurship alive in a fresh and interesting way to audiences large and small.
In demand as a speaker at conferences and workshops throughout Ireland and internationally, Paula Fitzsimons has recently spoken about enterprise and entrepreneurship at conferences/workshops in Ireland and Europe.
- Glandore – The Hear from Her International Women’s Day Event, Dublin (May 2018)
- The Society of the Irish Motor Industry – Women@SIMI, InterContinental, Dublin (June 2017)
- Annual Conference of Charted Accountants Ireland, Radisson Blu, Galway (May 2017)
- Midlands One to One Growth Initiative, Tullamore Court Hotel, Co Offaly (March 2017)
- ACORNS Residential Forum, Portlaoise Heritage Hotel (April 2016)
- Enterprise Week: Networking Event, South Dublin Local Enterprise Office (March 2016)
- Going for Growth National Forum, Marker Hotel, Dublin (January 2016)
- Women’s entrepreneurship event, Brussels, organised by the Scottish Government. (November 2015)
- Women Mean Business Awards, The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin (October 2015)
- Women in Business Synergy Networking Event; Sales and investors – chicken and egg? (September 2015)
- Inaugural International Business Women’s Conference, Enterprise Ireland, Tralee; Getting Started, Entrepreneurship & Growth (August 2015)
- Women in Business Event, CPA Ireland (July 2015)
- Networking Event with Overseas Managers, Bord Bia (June 2015)
- Irish Tatler Academy – Meet the Transformers, Dublin. Workshop on Transforming Entrepreneurs (April 2015)
- Forum on Female Entrepreneurship, Tipperary LEO (April 2015)
An expert facilitator, Paula has frequently facilitated large and small groups for various clients including Dublin Regional Authority and the four Dublin local authorities, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown, Wicklow and Kilkenny County Enterprise Boards, Forfás, Mid-East Regional Authority, Global Entrepreneurship Research Association (GERA), INTERREG IVB NWE, and Enterprise Ireland among others.
Always happy to talk to journalists about entrepreneurship, the findings of the latest GEM research or any of the initiatives with which she is involved, Paula Fitzsimons is frequently interviewed.
As a result, wide spread media coverage, including personal interviews, have featured initiatives with which she is associated. Recent examples in which Paula is featured include:
- The Sunday Times “How to brew a barrel of start-up ideas” (20th September 2015);
- The Irish Examiner “Businesswomen use network to harness new opportunities” (4th September 2015);
- The Leinster Express “New programme for female entrepreneurs” (25th August 2015);
- The Sunday Times “From little Acorns to country enterprises” (23rd August 2015);
- The Sunday Business Post “Women Entrepreneurs Going for Growth” (30th November 2014);
- RTE Nationwide “Women in Business Programme” (3rd October 2014);
- Women Mean Business “Thinking Big” (Summer 2014);
- The Sunday Business Post “Talking Point: Green shoots emerge as number of start-ups rises” (29th June 2014);
- The Sunday Times “Things can only get better for start-ups” (22nd June 2014);